Rippy has acted in more than 60 movies and television shows and more than 70 plays. He has not had his career-defining role, and here’s hoping a television show creator with HBO, FX or AMC will give him that opportunity. In the meantime, here are some of his most memorable performances.
- Chiefs (1983): In his acting debut, Rippy has no trouble being convincing as a Southern Klansman in this CBS miniseries based on the Stuart Woods’ novel.
- Young Guns II (1990): “Best $1.80 I’ve ever spent.”
- Kuffs (1991): It’s hard to make a villain disgustingly foul, but Rippy seems to do it with ease.
- Beyond the Law (1993): In this underrated B-movie, an FBI agent (Charlie Sheen) infiltrates a biker gang with the guidance of an old pro played by Rippy.
- Saving Grace (2007): The Lord works in mysterious ways and in this series, he answers the title character’s (Holly Hunter) prayers in the form of a scruffy Rippy.